All winter, I take pictures of snow creations, documenting the construction and the gradual demise of these monuments to impermenence. If taking pictures of snowmen has taught me anything, it's that people regard you as highly suspicious for taking pictures of snowmen. Some will ask what you're doing, others tell you to get away from their snow property. It's strange how possessive people can be over flakes of solidified water...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Calvinesque, no?

Part of the reason I decided to start documenting snow-creations was because I love how creative people are in the medium. This display reminded me of some of the things I saw in Calvin and Hobbes.




Notice the snowman in the background slaying the other snowman laying defenseless on the ground. Brilliant!




Another view of the killing fields...by the time the slaughter concludes, I think the surviors will envy the dead.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

1/06/2006 05:48:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you do these?

1/06/2006 05:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

I built Tiny Tim with help from my son, but all the other snowmen pictured in this blog are the work of other people, unless otherwise noted.

1/06/2006 06:10:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome that someone else besides you is into creative snowmen. I have a pic to send you of one my husband and I built two years ago. But you never check your mail!

1/06/2006 07:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home