All winter, I take pictures of snow creations, documenting the construction and the gradual demise of these monuments to impermenence. If taking pictures of snowmen has taught me anything, it's that people regard you as highly suspicious for taking pictures of snowmen. Some will ask what you're doing, others tell you to get away from their snow property. It's strange how possessive people can be over flakes of solidified water...

Monday, January 16, 2006

Just what is he trying to hide?

More crime in the snow...It was too late for this guy by the time I found him.



Someone messed him up real good....

I returned to the scene two days later, to document the decomposition of the subject. A man appeared in the window...

"Excuse me...what are you doing?" he asked.

"Oh...I'm just taking a picture of your snowman."

He stared at me incredulously, like I was pissing in his yard.

"I take pictures of snowmen in the area...I kind of document their lives."

"I'm gonna have to ask you to leave now."

"Ok," I say, trying to set it up so I can get at least one good shot.

"Seriously, right now...don't even take a picture! Leave right now!"

At this point I see that he has a phone. Holy shit...is he actually going to call the cops?

"Ok...have a happy new year," I call out, quickly snapping a picture, hoping it will turn out, but pretty sure it won't. And as you can see in the final picture, it didn't.


3 Comments:

Blogger Astoria said...

This is a great page! It had me laughin my ass off! Thanks for the laughs!! Keep it coming I heard there is more snow coming this weekend!!

1/18/2006 11:36:00 AM

 
Blogger Sylvana said...

I still say that this guy had a meth lab in his basement.

1/21/2006 08:37:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Musta been hiding something in all of that snow.

1/21/2006 06:06:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home