All winter, I take pictures of snow creations, documenting the construction and the gradual demise of these monuments to impermenence. If taking pictures of snowmen has taught me anything, it's that people regard you as highly suspicious for taking pictures of snowmen. Some will ask what you're doing, others tell you to get away from their snow property. It's strange how possessive people can be over flakes of solidified water...

Saturday, February 18, 2006

snow tracks

Why should snowpeople get all the glory? On my travels, I've found many interesting things in the medium of snow. No, I'm not talking about dog feces...




There's something very wonderful about a set of animal tracks in freshly fallen snow. I suppose it's the beauty of impermanence. Sort of like a masterpiece done on an Etch-a-Sketch, you know that it won't last for long, and so you're compelled to stare at it, meditate upon it. Then you feel serene. Then you smush the tracks with your foot, and they're gone forever...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

I like the perfection and simplicity of it.

3/15/2006 09:47:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home